Monday, August 17, 2015

Oofta.

Oofta.

So goes the saying when one is facing a large and precarious situation, and here I say it with my eyes looking at the light at the end of the tunnel... kind of.

With summer almost gone and that back to school feeling creeping in, I'm starting to get a little anxious. I don't know what summer of my youth it was that traumatized me, but ever since I can remember, I recall being absolutely devastated over summer ending come mid-August. And so here it is... the middle of the month and my everything is a disaster: my room, my notes, my hair and I can feel the anxiety building.

Oh hey there epic meltdown and river of overdramatic tears! It's been a while since I've seen you, but I think you are due to compound my stress.

I do it to myself. And for the most part I like it, but I've actually reached the point where I've decided to take on less. the only problem is, I don't know what to give up! I'm addicted to my stressors and they're killing me softly.

*Pause blog to jam to the Fugees*

Turns out, I'm a stress-eater (Oreos) and with that everything else goes out the window when I can't cope-- mostly logic and any semblance of a calm demeanor.

Anyway, last week I didn't have my laptop and I had significantly less emails to send, pieces of work to do and websites to surf. So does that mean this is the root of my problem or that I was just avoiding my responsibilities? Probably both. This week I'm on a #hustle mission to get all of the things on my to-do list done with specific emphasis on laundry and organizing my work space. I am hoping desperately that this will help otherwise I really will have to give in to crossing off one of my recurring tasks permanently-- maybe a Russian Roulette of my commitments is the way to go?

How do you decide which commitments to let go? What do you do when you're overwhelmed with life? What's your breaking point?ow do you decide which commitments to let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment